Behringer ACX1000 Acoustic Amp
I bought this for $330 in November 2006. I sold it for next to nothing (about $200) in late 2009 but it was a very good amp for acoustic instruments. This model has been discontinued. From the promotional blurb:
The ACX1000 represents a true milestone in acoustic instrument amps. It not only gives you incredible cutting power, ensuring that your acoustic instrument will slice through any mix and hold its own with the loudest band, but also unusually flexible voicing options. Its instrument channel is optimized for the Piezo-type pickups most often found in guitars and other string instruments, and includes a great-sounding active 3-band EQ plus an attack control, especially useful for finger-picking, and two feedback controls for fast and easy elimination of problem frequencies. Separate gain and volume controls offer additional tone-shaping flexibility, while the phase button with status LED allows quick correction of the phase problems often encountered with acoustic instruments.
The second channel features a first-class mic preamp with a balanced XLR input and phantom power plus a 1 /4 " line-level input for a second instrument or sound source plus the same EQ section and feedback controls as channel one. Instead of an attack control, channel 2 sports a control for the enhancer circuit, which helps you get the best out of your vocal or instrument signal. Both channels share a tube emulation circuit, specially developed for the ACX1000, featuring a warmth control that allows you to add tube-type harmonics at will. The vintage-style VU meter displays the amount of added warmth Speaking of voicing power, our ULTRACOUSTIC also boasts an onboard 24-bit stereo digital multi-effects unit with 24 algorithms that we painstakingly fine-tuned for acoustic instruments and vocals, including reverb, delay, rotary speaker, chorus, flanger, stereo panning, tremolo and various effects combinations. Four of its 99 editable presets can be assigned to presets for quick front-panel or footswitch selection.
FEATURES & SPECS
- Powerful 2 x 60-Watt amplifier specifically designed for acoustic instruments and vocals
- Dedicated tube emulator adds warmth and presence to instruments and vocals
- Highest sonic quality with virtually all types of headphones even at maximum volume
- 2 independent channels with separate volume controls, dedicated EQs and each two feedback filters
- Instrument channel produces warm and transparent sound for pickup-equipped instruments and features additional Attack and FX Return controls plus 2 tunable notch filters for feedback suppression